If you need assistance during this time, please fill out the form below.
we cannot meet all requests, but we will do what we can to help in this difficult time.
The Following Services and Events Have Been Cancelled or Moved Online/Los Siguientes Servicios Han Sido Cancelados
To find view our live-streamed service, visit thefellowshipnaz.com/live
• March 25 - All Wednesday Night Services and Activities are cancelled.
25 de Marzo - Todos los servicios y actividades están cancelados.
• March 29 - Our morning service will be streamed live online. All evening services and activities are cancelled.
29 de Marzo - El servicio de la mañana esta en línea. Todos los servicios y actividades de la noche están cancelados.
• April 1 - All Wednesday Night Services and Activities are cancelled.
1 de Abril - Todos los servicios y actividades están cancelados.
• April 5 - Our morning service will be streamed live online. All evening services and activities are cancelled.
5 de Abril - El servicio de la mañana esta en línea. Todos los servicios y actividades de la noche están cancelados.
Initial Letter to The Fellowship at Western Oaks Regarding Coronavirus/COVID-19
March 12, 2020
We hope you all are having a great, safe, and healthy week. As many of you have heard, the Coronavirus, also known as COVID-19 has had confirmed cases within the State of Oklahoma and in Oklahoma City in particular.
Under the direction of the District and in the monitoring of local and state health authorities, we have been monitoring the status and spread of the disease and are staying informed about best practices for our church community.
As it currently stands, we will continue to move forward with all scheduled events and services for the church as currently planned unless otherwise stated. Though scheduling and planning will be unchanged for the time being, we have put together a list of suggested practices to make our church community a safer place during this time.
- If you are sick or exhibiting any symptoms of illness (such as coughing, sneezing, sore throat, fever, dizziness, bodily fatigue, etc.), we ask that you consider staying home from church activities. Not only is the Coronavirus circulation, but it is also cold/flu season. For the well being of all those in our community - particularly the elderly, we ask that all sick persons stay home. We also ask that if you are elderly or immunocompromised that you consider staying home as well during this time. Though we are doing our best to ensure a safe and sanitized environment, those with severe health concerns should consider staying home during this time.
- We will have hand antimicrobial soap in all restrooms. We hope that everyone will utilize this as a means to kill any viruses or bacteria that may be on your hands to better help to prevent the spread of all illnesses.
- During our meet and greet time, we ask that you consider refraining from hugging, hand-shaking, or other forms of skin on skin contact. While we value our time during Moments of Friendship, we realize that there are some in our congregation who are elderly or immunocompromised and ask that everyone consider temporarily changing this practice on their behalf.
- For the time being, we will be pausing operation of the coffee and donut bar. We realize that this is a valued ministry by many and are saddened to close the coffee bar even temporarily, but we believe this is a way to help prevent cross contamination and to help create a more sanitary environment.
- Our greeters will be instructed to not shake hands whenever possible. Hand to hand contact is the easiest way for any illness to spread, and we believe this will be a simple way to not only prevent the spread of Coronavirus but also the spread of the flu, common cold, and bronchitis.
- Each week after our morning service, all pews, altars, and door handles will be wiped down with antimicrobial wipes.
We hope that you will join us in creating a healthier environment in the Fellowship community - especially for the elderly and immunocompromised among us. Thank you for doing your part to keep everyone safe and healthy. We are continuing to monitor the situation among health authorities and District/General Church of the Nazarene leadership, and we will update you as further changes to policy and events occur.
You are loved, you are prayed for, and we believe that God has great things in store for us here at the Fellowship.
Grace and Peace,
The Fellowship Staff & Board