Special Announcement - November 20
We hope you have had a great week and that you are healthy and well. We are here today with a very important special announcement.
As many of you are aware by now, COVID cases are spiking around our city. Our medical system is being strained, and currently 1 out of every 100 residents in OKC has an active COVID case. We recognize the severity of this situation and see the need for us to take action.
We have sought the guidance of our District Superintendent, and listened to the advice given by local leaders and health officials. We want things to get back to normal as soon as possible, but we also understand that we have a call to love our neighbor and to care for each other to the best of our ability. We are our brother and sister’s keeper.
With this in mind we have decided to take the advice of our leaders and take a power 10. The next 10 days we will have to put in a little extra effort to do our part to care for each other. Over the next 10 days, we will be cancelling all in-person groups, events, and services. Our Sunday morning service will be streamed online at 10:00, and you can watch it by going to youtube.com/thefellowshipatwesternoaks
During this time, faithfulness and perseverance are needed now more than ever. We are calling on the church to remain faithful in giving, prayer, and service during this time.
To be faithful in giving, we have multiple ways you can participate. You can mail in tithes and offerings to the church at 7901 NW 16th Street. You can also give online at thefellowshipnaz.com/giving where you can find a tutorial that explains how to give via paypal. We want to thank you in advance for your faithfulness in giving.
We also want to be faithful in our prayer. Join us in praying for those with COVID, for our healthcare workers, for our local health officials, for our businesses, our families, and our church. We are calling on everyone to pray that God would do a great work of healing and restoration in our lives and in our land.
Finally, we want to be faithful in service. How can we best serve our neighbors during this time? We can do so by helping others to meet their needs. By reaching out and giving encouragement to everyone we see. By checking in on friends and family who might be alone. By doing our best to mask up and social distance. And by being like Christ in all that we do.
Let’s do our best the next ten days to help take care of our neighbors and our city. We believe the best is yet to come. May God’s grace and peace be with you. You and your families are loved and prayed for.
If you need assistance during this time, please fill out the form below.
we cannot meet all requests, but we will do what we can to help in this difficult time.
The Following Services and Events Have Been Cancelled or Moved Online/Los Siguientes Servicios Han Sido Cancelados
To find view our live-streamed service, visit youtube.com/thefellowshipatwesternoaks
• Sunday school classes are cancelled.
Las clases de escuela domingo están cancelados.
• Sunday Night Services and Activities are cancelled.
Los servicios y actividades de le noche domingo están cancelados.
Policies and Procedures For In-Person Services (As of June 1, 2020)
We have some great news and some exciting announcements! We are pleased to inform you all that we will be opening soon. With that comes some very important information to make sure that we all have a very safe time gathering together in worship.
First, All Sunday Morning services during the Summer will begin at 10:00 am. Conexion will start at 12:30 pm. We will also be having no Sunday School during this time. Starting June 7th, all Sunday morning services will have both Children’s Church and Nursery. A livestream of all morning services will begin on June 7th.
We will be encouraging a variety of important safety measures and guidelines in order to ensure a safe worship experience. The following policies and suggestions will be put in place until further notice.
- We will not be having a coffee bar or donuts during this time.
- Our greeters will be instructed to not shake hands, hug, or share physical contact with others.
- We are encouraging only one person to be in restrooms at a time.
- We are implementing a drive-thru drop-off and pick-up system for our children.
- We are requiring all congregants, staff, and volunteers to wear masks.
- We are encouraging all people who have vulnerable health, who are part of vulnerable age groups, or who have pre-existing conditions to continue to join us online from home.
- We are encouraging all those who are uncomfortable meeting in person to continue to join us online from home.
- We are requiring every other pew to remain empty as an effort to create a 6 foot social distance.
- We will be having contactless greetings such as waving during meet and greet time.
- Everyone will be required to enter and exit the church through the front entrance or the doors on the south side of the building.
- No one will be permitted to go on stage, into the sound booth, or into the backstage room if they are not a part of that Sunday’s worship and media team.
- All facilities will be observing strict cleaning and sanitizing measures between services and meetings.
We believe that these safety measures will help to keep all of us a little safer as we reopen for in-person services and meetings. We deeply care for each and every one of you and your health and well-being. We hope that each of you remain healthy and well. Know that you are loved and prayed for, and we have not made these decisions lightly. We believe that the best is yet to come here and The Fellowship and will do our best to keep you all informed as we continue to progress through this time.
May the Grace and Peace of Christ be with you,
Your Fellowship Staff